Monday, February 11, 2013

H2H Challenge: Love Is in the Air

I am excited to be the February guest designer over at the H2H Challenge blog, and today I'm sharing my project for this week's challenge: Love Is in the Air. Since Valentine's Day is just a few days away, this was a great time to make a card for my wonderful hubby!
I've been obsessed over the adorable new Mini Clothes Pins from CTMH and couldn't wait to find a way to use them in a project! 

I'm also trying out the trendy 'Polaroid' style that I've seen all over Pinterest.  I put a scrap piece of White Daisy Cardstock into my Cricut and cut a 3 1/4" square from Artiste, page 48.

Then I trimmed around the negative space to make the Polaroid shape. So easy!


Next, I cut the heart shapes from Artiste, page 71, at 1 1/4" and 1".

Here are all the pieces I used to put the card together.

I covered the heart layer with some Chantilly Textile by adhering it to the backside of the fabric and then cutting around it with my super sharp CTMH Micro-Tip Scissors.



I added some Pink Sparkles, and then layered it onto the base piece.

Next, I used my CTMH Piercing Tool  to poke holes in the Polaroid shape for my Red Brads (on sale now for only $1.50!) and strung my Baker's Twine to hang across the opening, and stamped my sentiment on the bottom. I then adhered 3-D Foam Tape around the back of this piece.


Once I layered all the pieces together, I just had to clip my little fabric heart to the twine with the clothes pin and it's done!

I hope you'll play along with the H2H Challenge this week!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just want to thank you for such a wonderful blog. I'm from Sydney Australia and I check on here daily. I love your work, please keep it coming and thanks so much for your great instructions too . It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! - Suzanne S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and I love the tutorial. Will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to say how fabulous I thought your card is! The way you show how you created it is super-helpful. Thanks for the inspiration, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...