Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pumpkins Candy Jar

Hello! Rachel here with a fun and easy idea for a Halloween candy jar. I started with a glass vase that I found for $1 and filled it with some of my favorite Halloween treats: Hershey's Kisses and Brach's Candy Corn!  Then I wrapped some of our awesome new Burlap Ribbon around the neck of the vase, and attached two small decorative pieces from the Moonlight Complements Dimensional Elements which I first covered in Liquid Glass. I love how the Liquid glass makes it look like epoxy!

Then I cut this Cricut Artiste Accent 3 fun shape from page 64 of the handbook, the "V" key.  I cut it out at 2 3/4"  from Kraft cardstock and inked the edge with Goldrush ink. I stamped a flourish shape from Love Life in the background, then attached the pumpkins and fence shapes from Moonlight Complements with 3-D foam tape. I added some Sparkles around the edge for a final touch. Gotta love the bling! 

I wrapped a piece of Kraft cardstock around the vase, and layered it with some Flirty paper and border strip. Then I attached the accent piece to the front of the vase.  I actually made a trio of these vases, and I'll show the other two designs in future posts :)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...